What to Bring
- Your fair-time spirit.
- Your big smile and lots of laughs.
- Empty reusable water bottles.
- Your friends and family.
- Your jacket or sweater – it gets chilly at night.
- Small folding chair — no larger than 28x25x6”.
What Not to Bring
- Your cares and woes.
- Your pets — only service animals are allowed.
- Outside food or beverages.
- Large folding chairs.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, vapes.
- No hard-sided or soft-sided coolers allowed. Small diaper/parental bags are allowed as long as they are available for screening at the entry gates.
- Weapons (guns, stun guns, tasers, mace, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, any other firearms, regardless of whether the guest holds a concealed weapons permit).
- Narcotics or other illegal substances.
- Toy guns, water pistols or imitation weapons.
- Skateboards, in-line skates, or scooters (see below for more information).
- “Gang” colors and/or paraphernalia.
- Any item that can be used to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods.
- NOTE: Confiscated items will not be returned.
- The Marin County Fair strictly prohibits the operation of any aerial vehicles (UAVs), also known as “drones,” on, from, or above premises, events, or venues without specific written permission from an official of the Marin County Fair. This includes all UAVs regardless of size, weight, or purpose. If you are found to be using or in the possession of a UAV or “drone” while at the Marin County Fair, it will be confiscated by staff and held for the remainder of the event.
What we Have at the Fair for You
- Baby changing stations.
- Lost child center.
- Lost and found services.
- First aid services
- Water stations.
- Recycling stations.
- And a great variety of fair food, vendor items, carnival rides, and entertainment!
Code Of Conduct at the Marin County Fair
Welcome to the Marin County Fair! Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone!
We strictly enforce the following Rules of Conduct. Violation of these Rules of Conduct will constitute cause for removal of the violator from the Fair property.
Rules Of Conduct
- Shoes and shirt are always required on Fairground property.
- Possession of any article defined as a weapon is strictly prohibited. Security screenings are conducted at the entrance gates.
- Alcoholic beverages and narcotics or illegal substances of any kind are prohibited, as is behavior indicative of alcohol or substance impairment.
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property is prohibited and may be prosecuted.
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct or any activity that could result in physical harm to person or property will not be tolerated.
- No bicycles, skateboards, Segways, Mopeds, skates/rollerblades are allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- The only animals allowed on the grounds are service animals and animals on exhibit. We do not have daycare accommodations for pets.
Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind is prohibited unless seller is authorized as a Marin County Fair booth vendor.
Fair Time Smoking and Vaping Policy
The Marin County Fair is smoke, vape and tobacco free to provide a healthy, family-friendly, and clean environment for visitors and staff.
No smoking and vaping are allowed on Marin County property including the Fairgrounds and parking lots.
Entry Conditions for Guests
The following additional conditions are for guests entering the Fairgrounds.
- All guests and their belongings are subject to search.
- Any prohibited item that is surrendered to security at search points will not be returned.
- Allowed and Prohibited lists are subject to change.
- Event and private security personnel at the entrances reserve the right to make the final determination on allowed and not allowed items.